for 2022 Intake
Application for Primary One in 2022 at our new school is open, with intake assessment for admissions to take place from March to December 2021.
To indicate your choice for our school, please state:
St. Andrew’s Mission School
For parents who would like to consider St. Andrew’s Mission School as the first choice school, and St. Andrew’s Autism School (Elliot Road) as the second or third choice school (in the event that your child is found to not be suitable for St. Andrew’s Mission School), do still apply as indicated above. There is no need to submit a second application concurrently to St. Andrew’s Autism School (Elliot Road).
Children born between 2013-2015 and 1 January 2016 can register for 2022 Primary 1 in SAMS.
• Singapore Citizens will be given priority for admission
• Singapore PRs and foreign students can apply for admission subject to vacancy availability and terms and conditions of MOE
• In accordance to these terms and conditions, Singapore Permanent Residents (PR) and Foreigners will be served only if there are no Singapore Citizen children with special educational needs on the waiting list.
• Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
• Adequate non-verbal cognitive abilities, verbal and literacy skills, to access the language demands of the Singapore mainstream academic curriculum
• Joint attention skills to access learning in a structured group learning environment of not more than 12 students
• Adequate self-help skills
• No behaviour challenges or co-morbid conditions that will disrupt group learning or pose significant safety concerns for in individual and others
Applicants who meet identified criterial are required to attend a screening assessment to ascertain suitability.
School Screening Assessments
March, June, Sep, Nov
Support for StudENTS
To support the P1 and P2 new students, learning support staff for English and Mathematics (Learning Support Programme – English, LSP; Learning Support Mathematics – LSM) and psychologists will provide academic support. This will better prepare our young learners to access the national curriculum in these primary foundation years and build their English and Mathematics competence in preparation to take the PSLE.
We will also be putting in place a three-tiered support system for our students, depending on their learning needs and profile. Those with higher needs will be given more support. Allied Professionals (APS) play an important professional support role in the learning of the students. They include the following:
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Therapist
- Social Worker
- Pastoral Staff
FEES & SUBSIDIES
$150 for Singapore Citizen
$350 for Singapore PR (to be confirmed)
School Fees (for SC)
School Fees cover:
- Student insurance
- All CCA fees and activities
Financial Assistance schemes will be available. More details will be shared in time.
Collection of School Fees
School fees are to be paid via GIRO. Please kindly ensure that there are sufficient funds available in the bank account by 15th of every month. We will make a monthly deduction of school fees on the 20th of every month.
The school will work with school bus company and bus coordinator to provide school transportation.
Bus fare is dependent on distance from school to home and number of students taking the same school bus. Students can apply for transport subsidy under Financial Assistance schemes.
Please contact the following specialist in serving SPED schools, should you need to make arrangements for your child’s transport.