All applications will be handled with strict confidence. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The Vice-Principal will assist the Principal in exercising overall leadership and management of the school in the following areas:
- Working with the Principal to review the strategic plans for the school, and translating these strategic plans into workable action plans.
- Translation of the school’s vision, educational goals and priorities, and integrating the national curriculum into a school-based curriculum to meet the educational needs of the profile of students with autism who can access the national curriculum.
- Work closely with the HODs, teaching staff and Allied Professionals to review curricula, pedagogical and assessment practices and other intervention strategies to optimise the learning of students in the school.
- Allocation of resources, teaching responsibilities and performing supervisory role to respective HODs and non-teaching heads. Correspond with parents on student matters.
- Oversee schedules, examinations and various programmes as well as the school budget.
- Undertaking other duties as required
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of teaching or allied professional experience, with at least 5 years at leadership level. Experience in a special education school is required.
- Experience in other aspects of education or management, such as counselling, curriculum planning, public relations, finance or human resources will be an added advantage.
- Strong passion to work with children with autism and help them realise their fullest potential.
- Strong leadership skills to guide the team of teaching, allied professionals and non-teaching staff.
- Strong organisational, communication and inter-personal skills.